Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Update of Elder Overson

I just got a letter from Brad, saying that his mission president asked him to stay another transfer. Which means he won't be back till December 19! I'm super happy for him, because that means he is doing so good out there, but of course the selfish part of me is sad. I'm so happy for him. He is an amazing missionary! Everyone is always telling him how much they love him. He just had a baptism on Sunday, and he has 2 more next week. He speaks Portuguese, but is always having to translate to spanish, so he is getting pretty good at spanish and is learning creole too! Crazy!! Also, his mission president asked him to be Zone Leader!! He is excited, but he loves tracting and having crazy stories to tell about physco people! So he is going to miss that. But He is doing everything he is supposed to and even though it feels like he won't be home for forever now....I know it will go fast! What is another six weeks?? I've already waited almost 2 freaking years!! :) All I know is that I'm not leaving his side when he gets home. :) I'll try to post some pictures of him soon. Especially since he is getting so fat!! Not fat...but FAT for his skinny butt! haha He has already gained 35lbs!! And he still has 5 months to go! haha He looks super good though! Can't wait till December!! RETURN WITH HONOR!!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

yay heather you posted! i'm so glad for brad, it sure seems like he's doing a great job! No worries, the time will fly and i sure wish i could say conrad was coming home dec. 19th! lucky!

Tiff Hunt said...

HOORAY FOR BRAD! I am glad you are happy for him and not being selfish!;) I love you! You have been very supportive of him! What would he do without you! Tell him he needs to write us! I DO WRITE TO HIM! Just kidding, just send our love!

Kristen said...

thanks so much for your comment heather! it means so much to me to have friends who support me and make me feel better when i'm sad! i know time will fly, there's just thoughs crappy days ya know? i'm sure you understand :) We deffinately need to hang out more often, lets play again soon! what's your email again so i can send you that pic? hahaha, i know you've told me a million times!

Kathryn Crouse said...

Hey Heather,
It was fun to see you the other day at Melissa's. Thanks for catching all the kids while us adults lazily sat and chatted... you're the best. Sorry for the stress. I wouldn't have been very happy if it were me! :) It was fun to see my kids play with you and actually remember you... Carter had a dream about you that afternoon. It was pretty funny. He woke up and told me all about it. Anyway, love ya... and thanks again.